Are you ready for the most delicious raw chocolate ever?? This is by far the most requested recipe I’ve ever made! Whenever a friend sees me bearing a little mason jar, they get a huge hopeful smile on their face that says, “I really hope you made me some more of that chocolate!”
If you love the taste of chocolate and coconut, you absolutely must give this a try. The best part is it takes less than 10 minutes to make and absolutely no baking is required! Seriously, the toughest part of this whole recipe is trying to patiently wait for it to cool in the fridge. If you’re at all like me, you’ll be tempted to grab a spoon and eat it straight out of the mixing bowl … don’t worry, I won’t judge;)
This chocolate can be enjoyed in so many ways, flatten it on a baking tray and refrigerate to make delicious bars, pack it into small mason jars, use it as a spread, or pop it into fun shaped ice cube trays to create cute little chocolate candies for all to enjoy. If refrigerated in an airtight container, this will keep for up to 3 weeks (though that probably won’t be an issue!)
Here is what you’ll need
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup nut butter (I use almond butter)
- 1/2 cup raw Cacao Powder (note: it's “Cacao” not “Cocoa” Powder!)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cups raw walnuts (chopped)
- In a large bowl whisk together Coconut Oil and Nut Butter until combined and smooth
- Stir in Cacao Powder until combined
- Mix in Maple Syrup, Vanilla and Sea Salt and beat until all ingredients are well combined
- Mix in Walnuts (can save a few to sprinkle on top)
- Pour mixture into a lined baking sheet, smooth out the mixture and top with nuts.
- Cover and keep in Freezer, allow to ‘set’ for a few hours.
- Cut into small pieces and enjoy!
Once you have the basic recipe down, feel free to change it up! You can try switching out different nuts and nut butters, tossing in some dried fruit or even adding interesting spices like cinnamon, dried ginger or even cayenne!