Spring is here!!! ....Well almost ;) The warmer weather calls for BBQ's and get-togethers with friends & family (and of course, food!)
This is my go-to Guacamole recipe that I can make in a pinch and use in so many different ways.
It's fresh, simple and bursting with flavour!
Here are a few reason WHY you should be adding avocados to your diet:
- Avocados have more potassium than bananas
- They are loaded with hearth-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids
- Avocados are loaded with fibre
- Eating avocados can help lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Avocados are great for your skin and hair; eaten or in a mask!
- They're like, totally delicious!!
So give them a try and get a little more healthy fats into your system. Your body will thank you ;)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1/4-1/2 jalapeno (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1/4 small onion
- 1 garlic clove super finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato finely chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together with a fork until the avocados are creamy and everything is well mixed.
Serve with Nachos or cut-up Veggies, or try as a topping on Burgers, Eggs, Toast and just about anything else ;)
Give this recipe a try, and let me know how YOU like to eat your Guacamole!